Sunday 18 October 2015

Cool Brands

Nike

I have chosen Nike because I own some of their products from clothing to sport accessories. Also, it is a brand that it very popular amongst many people especially teenagers/ young adults. So it is a trend with this audience so this is why I purchase their products. Personally, I like the clothes and trainers they produce so this is what I look for when I want to buy Nike products. However, they have a category for sport which I am interested in specifically football gear (football boots, shine pads etc). I think it is a social need for people my age because we want to have the latest clothes and show off these luxuries. It is a cool brand because teenagers have promoted this way by making it popular in its segment.

Google

Google is in my top five because it is the search engine I use everyday and the main one I use. It allows me to discover things very quickly and specifically it has helped me in education. Also, I can update myself on breaking news relevant to my searches such as a release date for an album, film, game or updates on sport. Google caters for everyone but I think it focuses on happy families and unity. I think it is a cool brand and will always be one because it unites everyone around the World especially with it's association with YouTube because people can now communicate with each other easier and see who they share interests with.

YouTube

YouTube is a social media network that allows people to post videos then receive reviews on their videos. I enjoy using YouTube because I can see film trailers, listen to music and watch reviews on games I may potentially buy. Similarly to Google, it has a an enormous segment which means anyone can use the site and find something of their interest.Therefore, it covers most of Dyer's lines of appeal. YouTube is a cool brand that it allows anyone to post a video or comments on their site (has to be appropriate).

Netflix

Netflix streams music and films that entertains me so long as I pay the monthly fee. I think it is targeted at a variety of people because it also caters for most people (many genres of film). Happy families and love would be associated with Netflix because people can get together and enjoy a film. I think it is a cool brand because many people use it and is a trend with teenagers and young adults because the genres mainly cater for those ages (action, horror, series etc).   

Instagram

Instagram is a social networking site that allows people to share photos and short video clips with others liking and commenting on them. I am a user of Instagram and I have learnt that there are plenty of pictures that cover different genres (art, sport, successful careers, comedy etc). So it covers many different points of Dyer's appeal. It is targeted at teenagers and people slightly older because they have enough free time to browse, share and comment on photos/videos on Instagram. It is a cool brand because it is growing in numbers which would attract even more people to use it and creative people. Therefore, the brand name becomes familiar amongst many people making it popular (like Facebook).





No comments:

Post a Comment